Router issues

Go down

Router issues

Post  Selverdion on Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:13 pm

Hey guys. I am stuck and got a problem concerning routers. I live in a small house outside my mother house (where the router is placed) and bc my airport suck in MbP I get unregular connection. So yesterday I bought a new and real good router. Capable of 300 Mbps and a huge range. And it worked...for about 2 min then it got unstable again. So I wana use my new router as an acces point up in my house. Now the new router got a ability to become and acces point but my old dont. So I will use the old one as usual and the new one as acces point. But setting up routers aint really what I am good at and are in need of assistance. So if anyone of you guys out there are real good at routers I would gladly take any help offerd.
Thanks in advance.
//Hampus
Selverdion
Grunt
Grunt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Router issues

Post  Besteborrel on Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:11 pm

UTP Cable's ROCK!!!

Besteborrel
Chieftain
Chieftain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CL-Malek on Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:42 am

The simplest, fastest and safest way is using a cable (UTP)

Otherwise you will need to set your router to broadcast either way I got 2 advices:

1. RTFM
2. google

If those two can't help you'd better give up.
CL-Malek
Friends
Friends

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Selverdion on Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:40 pm

Yes I did "Read The Fucking Manual" before I ask for help... I am not retarded, and google is over rated, just a bunch of idiots who type shit on forums. But thanks anyways for your kind responses pat and malek. And I would use a cable if it wasnt for the fact that I live in my own house and the cables are wired one meter below the ground, with tile above them, but hey no worries digging shit like that up is a peice of cake.

//Hampus
Selverdion
Grunt
Grunt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CL-Malek on Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:56 pm

Im talking about buying a UTP cable (thats a basic network cable) plugging it into your router and the other end in your pc.. no digging needed.
CL-Malek
Friends
Friends

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Selverdion on Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:14 am

Yes I do know what that cable is, but im not gona pull it out from the main house, via the air (like 15 meters) then in to my house and then my computer to hook it up, mainly becouse I dont like when lightning hits my network cable, thats why I need to dig it down... If I was in the same house ofc...but im not.
Selverdion
Grunt
Grunt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down