Clan-Icey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2v2 Teams with undead

4 posters

Go down

2v2 Teams with undead Empty 2v2 Teams with undead

Post  Selverdion Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:05 am

When it comes too 2v2 I personally think that the strongest team contains Human and Undead then Orc and Human. Why? Well human is in my mind the most imbalanced race in wc3, all it's units are so easy to use and you can always find an advantage while playing with them, specially the casters combined with mortars or Gyros/Gryphs.

I prefer mortars becose when you play with undead they web, same time as you do Inner Fire then slow the opponents units, blizz them and concurrently bombing the shit out of them makes a pretty easy battle. Then ofcourse we have the orcs with it's casters aswell. The reason they come secund is mostly due to the incompitens of it's anti air units. But together with fiends or maybe gargs the shamans and doctors with their abilyties make for a great combination.

Now there is nothing wrong with playing with Nightelf and Undead, if you do arch, hunt, dry and maybe some bears together with the fiends and necro you get pretty darn hard to beat. But teching with NE is fairly stupid, specially if you dont go for a few arch in the beginning, my main point is specially the speed when you tech with humans, you get out casters and mort so fast if you dont run in too trouble. And there are no doubt that speed is the main key to a win in 2v2. Fast creeping or harras, fast building and that is why I chose humans. Becouse now when I finally have started to get the hang of this race I also start to see the potential solutions in all different situations.

And that ofcourse if I dont have a bad day Razz (whitch I seem to have pretty often).

You also get fairly fast tech with NE, but the amount of wood a dry cost (70 is it?) makes them a little bit "to expensive" in my mind. Sure you can tech to something different there aint as many combinations as there is with hu.

And if I may take up how imbalanced Humans are, uhm uhm...the heros?? Anyone who have played vs a cuber (god forbid that you cube yourself) knows how good human heros are together, and if they also have UD with coil, nova and sleep...
Then ofcourse the NE meta and starfall... but still aja...

...Too long post, sorry...and im to tired to read it so may be alot of misstypes...I edit it when I got time...
//Hampus
Selverdion
Selverdion
Grunt
Grunt

Back to top Go down

2v2 Teams with undead Empty Re: 2v2 Teams with undead

Post  Little(D) Tue May 05, 2009 9:57 pm

Well, in the right player's hand I might agree with you that Human is wc3's (RoC) most imba race. But as far as personal experience goes I consider human as the weakest race (Only cuz I totaly SUCk with it, seriously Very Happy) I find it extremly hard to control all different kinds of units and building, sorcs/priest/mortars/copters/footman??? Tri hero?? Just too much hotkeys for my taste, and when I cant control it properly, I fail with it. That's just how it goes for me. Guess that's why Undead fits kinda perfect for me, not so much hotkeys to bother about, and more focus on the micro.
As far as the 2on2 goes, hmmm I'd say there arent really any absolute best combination, allthough some undoubtly are stronger than other's. For example double undead beats double orc so freaking easy it's hilarious. Imagine GW with mana fountain. WTH can you DO? Well anway, me and Joe plays 2on2 quite regulary and we play it with Hum/UD. Works off kinda well, eventhough we quite oftenly seem to lose against suchs teams as UD/NE or NE/HUM whereas we succeed way better vs team involving orcs such as Ud/Orc or Hum/orc. Guess that's why I see orc as pretty much the worst team race.

Little(D)
Friends
Friends

Back to top Go down

Post  ani_skywalker Wed May 06, 2009 7:06 pm

Interesting discussion. Me and Mml developed a 2v2 strategy that gave us good stats. We had 7-2 with it the first time we did it, since that the stats have been reset but me and Kim have 7-3 with the same strategy.

It goes like this:

Mml goes mass grunts + bm, I go mass archers + dh. We hit right away, after taking the middle creep on maps that have middle creeps. It takes most players by surprice. Hiting the right guy is important here and nelf have to scout. Go for the techer or the one with weak units. Cast them of balance. Grunts tank and archers really eat everything. Specially when Mml gets out his kodos and i get tech on archers + potm, then its really heavy.

However we seem to have problems vs 2 hu that goes 2 am and mass footys, dunno why, think its cause both element and am have range attacks and that they kill archers pretty fast. Hiting that early we doesnt have wand on most maps, probably gotta adjust our strategy for that.

ani_skywalker

Back to top Go down

Post  Handy_Block Wed May 06, 2009 11:50 pm

*cough* fs *cough*

Handy_Block
Shaman
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  ani_skywalker Thu May 07, 2009 7:58 pm

Nah, we do bm with Mml, you and me gonna use him too so you can assasin heros. Atm i wasnt sure you where ready for it Smile

ani_skywalker

Back to top Go down

Post  Selverdion Thu May 07, 2009 10:24 pm

hehehe. Well I dont know about mass grunts, you played vs real good players with that? But I agree, hitting real fast is something I like to do aswell Smile

Compare BM vs FS.
ww vs wolves - ww win
chain-lightning vs crit - chain win

so it's 1-1

and if you get lvl 3, I would get lvl 2 wolves over the lvl 2 ww anyday in an early attack against a camp, specially in the early parts of the game.
Selverdion
Selverdion
Grunt
Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  Handy_Block Fri May 08, 2009 4:27 pm

Another benefit with fs+grunt, is that u can keep ur distance with the fs, thus less risk of getting low health, with correct controll ofc.

Handy_Block
Shaman
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  ani_skywalker Fri May 08, 2009 6:38 pm

Lol, wrote a long post about this, then i pressed eraise. Having 41 degrees im not gonna re-write it atm.

But to give you a short clue "getting a hero in start of game > getting some more units in start of game", ergo: BM.

ani_skywalker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down